July 11, 2009

365 Cards Day 129 - You Have Me in Stitches

I was pretty excited when I saw the 365 Cards Day 129 challenge was to make a card with stitching/sewing. I love using my sewing machine to embellish my cards. Then I read further to find the exact challenge was to "Stitch an image on your card. Not just around the outside of the card, but an actual image." I think my stitching might be considered a background or pattern instead of an actual image, but I love the way it turned out.


I used my sewing machine and five different colors of thread to stitch several lines and make a plaid pattern. It took a long time! If I ever do it again, I'll stitch on fabric instead of paper. The paper got so many holes in it that some of the stitching turned out a little crooked. I kept the sentiment pretty simple so I didn't cover up too much of the stitching. Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. This is absolutely fabulous! GREAT take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Steph - lots of work, and the outcome is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete