December 23, 2010

painted wood Christmas ornaments

I had some leftover scraps of wood from my painted jack-o-lantern project, so I decided to make some little wooden Christmas ornaments.




They were so easy to make. I painted the front and back of the wood pieces with a brush and a light coat of eggshell white acrylic paint. Normally when I paint, I do several coats to completely cover the wood. For these ornaments, I wanted a more distressed look, and one light coat allowed the wood grain to show through. I stamped the ornaments with various Christmas stamps and StazOn ink. I sanded the edges to get rid of the rough spots and distress it even more. A few little holes drilled in the top, some craft wire, a quick coat of matte sealer, and they're done! I'm going to use them as package toppers for my Christmas gifts this year. The ones that turned out less than perfect will find a home on my Christmas tree. Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment