January 18, 2011

baby blanket

I'm getting to that age where I don't have a lot of friends who are having babies. I guess that's because we're getting old. This past summer, I was very excited to hear one of my college friends was expecting and she gave birth to a beautiful baby girl on 12/26. Yeah! A baby girl! Pink and flowers! (I have a son so I don't get a lot of opportunities to make cute baby girl stuff.) So I set out to make a blanket to welcome this sweet little baby, and the result? A very boyish little girl blanket.

There are flowers so I guess that makes it kind of girlie. I love how it turned out. My husband thought I should "just put a pink binding on it." I tried to explain that I couldn't just "put a pink binding on" something that has absolutely no pink in it. Especially when it has orange. He didn't understand. But baby's mom loved it (or at least pretended she did).

No comments:

Post a Comment