June 24, 2012

stacked coins quilt

I have a little sneak peek of a stacked coins baby quilt I am making for a friend.  She is expecting her first child at the end of August but the baby shower is less than 2 weeks away so I had to get moving on her quilt.  Mom and dad aren't finding out the gender of the baby and mom doesn't want anything "themey" or "cutesy."   The nursery will be gray and yellow and mom likes polka dots so I made this. . .
I used this tutorial by Amanda Jean of crazy mom quilts.  I'm starting to wish I hadn't used so much white.  It's pretty, but I think gray would be a little more practical for a baby quilt.  It's all pinned (my least favorite part) and ready to quilt.  I was planning on diagonal line quilting unless somebody has a better suggestion--I always have trouble deciding on a quilting pattern.

4 comments:

  1. Very cool! It matches your blog perfectly! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is on my to do list, I love the colors, so pretty, fun and modern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very sweet - you did a lovely job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh it's beautiful, Perfect for a little baby of either sex.

    ReplyDelete