August 1, 2012

wip Wednesday {8/1/12}

Is it really August already?  I'm not sure where the summer went. My little guy starts kindergarten 2 weeks from today. How does your child transform from this:
to this:
right before your eyes?  *sigh*

Anyway, on to the crafty recap for the week. I cut charms for 2 more fabric swaps--an "i spy" swap and a Christmas in July swap. I just need to get them mailed off then no more swaps for awhile.  Maybe.

I started planning another quilt block for the QuiltCon Block Challenge.  I'm going to make a block version of a stacked coins quilt.

And finally I finished my polka dot pinwheels quilt top using charm squares from the very first fabric swap I participated in--a polka dot charm swap. I made it using half square triangles; some of my points matched up perfectly and some not so much. I bought some more Kona medium gray to back it so I'm hoping to make the quilt sandwich and pin it tonight--my least favorite part of quilting. Then maybe I can start quilting it tomorrow morning before I have to go to work.

If you make quilts and are looking for a worthwhile cause to support, Craft Hope just announced that Project 18:  Quilts for Hope will support Phoenix Quilts. The goal is to collect 849 handmade quilts for the victims of the summer wildfires.  I have at least one blanket I'm going to donate and you can even donate quilt tops or fabric.  Spread hope!


1 comment: