September 12, 2012

wip Wednesday {9/12/12}

I haven't accomplished a lot of sewing lately.  This past weekend, my husband and I went on a whirlwind trip to Estes Park, Colorado for a former coworker's wedding.  So much fun and I can't wait to go back!

I did finally start quilting my polka dot pinwheels quilt--but I didn't get very far.  I'm attempting free motion quilting again and since I'm only quilting in the white areas it's good practice and not quite as frustrating.


I made a cute pair of reversible baby pants for my friend's newborn baby girl (Anna Maria Horner's quick change trousers from Handmade Beginnings).  Now I just need to make a basic top to go with them--any suggestions/links/tutorials?
I'm also making some stretchy headbands to go with the little outfit and still need to make some really big bows/flowers to clip onto the headbands.  Isn't that the best part of dressing a baby girl--the really big headbands? :)
(I'm thinking I need to buy some smaller alligator clips--those are looking really pointy for a newborn!)

Right now the house is quiet and it's raining so it's the perfect opportunity to get off the computer and go get some quilting done!


3 comments:

  1. aww those baby pants are adorable! I am stopping by from the WIP blog hop. I have my WIPs up today if you want to stop by :)http://domesticdeficitdisorder.blogspot.com/2012/09/this-weeks-wips.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the FMQ in the white to let the polka dots pop - good luck with getting more quilting done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pants are really cute. I think I would make a simple A-line sleeveless top to go with them that could be worn with the pants and/or over a onesie for layered warmth. You could line it to make the finishing easy, and it could be reversible too. Cute cute!

    ReplyDelete