January 30, 2013

wip Wednesday {1/30/13}

So our Wednesday morning started off with an automated phone call from the school district at 6am announcing that school was cancelled due to "a weather event." I can still see grass poking up through the little bit of snow we got overnight so I'm not sure what prompted the closing but whatever. That means I have my little helper with me today so I probably won't get much sewing done but it's always nice to get to hang out with him.

My Madrona Road quilt is so, so close to being finished and I have to get it done today so I can upload a photo to the finished projects flickr group. I've worked too hard to not have it done by the deadline! I need to finish sewing on the binding and add a few little details then it will be complete. I've started sewing my bindings by machine but there's always some missed spots I have to go back and sew by hand.


Last night the Omaha Modern Quilt Guild exec group got together to chat and sew and I was able to finish up the quilting on this whole cloth baby quilt made with a yard of Riley Blake large chevron fabric. This one is my favorite colorway. The quilt is for my brother who needs a baby gift for a neighbor. (I think I told him I could have it done by Thanksgiving so I'm a little late on this one.)


I've got so many quilt top ideas floating around in my head but I will resist starting another top until I have at least started the quilting on this top from the WIP pile and another chevron baby quilt for a coworker.



WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

No comments:

Post a Comment